- Compared to pyrolysis, carbon fibers can be recovered with little deterioration of the strength.
- Deposits of resin will not remain, and if carbon fibers are fabric, they can be recovered in a fabric state.
Single fiber tensile strength of recovered carbon fiber → Reduction of about 10% or less compared to new fiber
CFRP using recovered carbon fiber sheet → Strength equivalent to new CFRP
Technology Deployment and Cooperation
Prototyping / experimental Stage
(to be completed in 0/0; progress: 80%)
Intellectual Property Right
Joint Researchers (their role)
Example of Application
Recycling of scraps of CFRP manufacturing process
Recycling of waste CFRP
- Validation test by large equipment
- Performance evaluation for recycled products using obtained carbon fibers
- Economic evaluation and environmental compatibility evaluation, etc.
Collaborator needed to Improve
- Companies that can design and manufacture equipment
- Companies and universities that can conduct the performance evaluation for recycled products